Regional Office, Lahore
Regional Office Lahore
Regional Office PCRWR, Lahore conducts site-specific research on water related problems of irrigated agriculture in Northern Indus Plains including irrigation scheduling, efficient irrigation practices, groundwater monitoring and management, trans-boundary water related issues, water quality of ground and surface waters. The Regional Office was established with specific objectives as follows
- To determine the water requirements of major crops in the irrigated areas.
- To carry out applied research on efficient use of land and water resources.
- To design and develop various soil moisture instruments for efficient use of water.
- To provide consultancy services to public/farming communities to develop and utilize groundwater.
- To undertake monitoring of water quality in cities, rivers, and aquifers.
- To maintain liaison and working relationship with various departments, universities, etc. in water sector.
- To document and disseminate research results to farming community/end users.
Major Research Areas
Engr. Khuram Ejaz
Mr. Abid Bin Nazir
Engr. Zia ul Haq
Ms. Shazia Ghaffar
Water Quality Laboratories Under Regional Office Lahore
Water Quality Laboratory, Gujranwala
Mr. Amir Ijaz, Lab Incharge (WQL)
Peoples Colony, Kashmir Road near Sasta Model Bazaar, W-Block, Gujranwala