PCRWR Sahiwal Lab.
Dr. Sajjad Ahmad
Office Address and Location: 330/331 Main Jhal Road, Bilal Colony, Sahiwal
About Water Quality Laboratory Sahiwal
The mission of the WQL Sahiwal is to provide the accurate information pertaining to waters of the Sahiwal Region. Excellent water quality testing services including physical, chemical and microbiological testing are offered to urban and rural areas of local government and other potential industrial users. These activities support the management and protection of regional water resources as well as the economic well-being of the state. We promote dedication to end user satisfaction, integrity and excellence in our field of specialization.
What We Offer?
A)Water Quality Testing
PCRWR Sahiwal is well equipped and providing water testing facilities for the analysis of drinking, irrigation and waste water. It has upgraded its infrastructure and improved the quality of services rendered to general public/clients with its skilled and dedicated manpower.
a. Microbiological Analysis
Total Coliforms, Fecal Coliforms, E. Coli, Presence/Absence test for microbiology
b. Chemical Analysis
i.Physico-Aesthetic Parameter: Color, Odor, Taste, Electrical Conductivity, pH, Turbidity, Total Dissolved Solids, Total Suspended Solid
ii.Major Chemical Parameters: Alkalinity, Bicarbonate, Calcium, Carbonate, Chloride, Fluoride, Free Chlorine, Total Chlorine, Total Hardness, Magnesium Hardness, Nitrate (as N), Potassium, Sodium, Sulphate,
iii.Trace Metals Parameters: Arsenic,Fluoride
c. Wastewater Analysis
Dissolved solids (TDS), Suspended solids, BOD, COD
Signing of MOU for NAVTTC course “Water Quality Testing & Treatment Technician” Batch II Under Prime Minister Hunermand Programme between NAVTTC Lahore and Punjab laboratories.
NAVTTC course started on 14th of June 2021 and will end in November after 6 months duration. Course will include training of participants on instruments and parameters of water quality, treatment options and on job training of students in Bottled water Industry, Treatment plants and WASAS ,PHEDs laboratories .Course will empower students to set their future goals and enable them to self-employ and absorb in water sector.
School Adaptation Program
Under the school adaptation programme, Govt. Girls high school Bilal Colony, Sahiwal & Govt. Model High School Shuhada–a-APS, sahiwal have been adopted. Main focus of adaptation was provision of safe drinking water, rehabilitation of water supply connection by installing the pipe line & water storage tank. To promote Clean Green Environment a No. of Rose plants has also been planted in spring season.
A training session was held for students and staff about use of safe water and Hygiene
News & Events
World water day, 22ND March, 2021 with the theme of “valuing water” was celebrated by The Women University Multan where Dr Sajjad Ahmad, Assistant Director Pakistan Council of Research in Water Resources, WQL Sahiwal delivered his talk about impact of climate change and current status of water resources in Pakistan and highlighted that the theme of year 2021 is a voice to divert our attention about this imperative resource of nature.
Research Projects & Publications
- Solar driven photocatalytic degradation of organic pollutants via Bi2O3@reduced graphene oxide nanocomposite, Desalination and Water Treatment, 2021.
Currently WQL Sahiwal is engaged in various research projects, details are as under
- Project “IMPACTS OF MAMUKAJAN DRAIN (FAISALABAD INDUSTRIAL DRAIN) ON RAVI RIVER WATER QUALITY AND POSSIBLE SOLUTION”
This research study is focused on following goals;
- Assessment of significant waste water parameter and their seasonal variations.
- Impacts on water quality of receiving water (Ravi River) and ultimate effects on aquatic biota.
- Compilation of data about current status of drain effluents and recommendations to rectify the adverse effects on aquatic biota and community.
- Development of combined strategy to give possible reliable solution like Optimization of minimum Ravi Water Flow to avoid the lethal level of industrial effluents to aquatic biota.
- Development of Waste Water lab facilities in PCRWR, Lab Sahiwal.
- Development of model for treatment technology of sulfides for industries
- Collaboration of research organizations
Project: Development of Polymeric Membranes for Disinfection, Desalination and Photocatalytic Degradation of Water Pollutants
The project is being carried out in collaboration with The Women University Multan. The main objective of the project is to develop low cost, efficient membranes potentially capable of advanced mechanisms for the removal of harmful chemicals, heavy metals, pharmaceutical substance and pathogens.