Regional Office PCRWR, Muzaffarabad conducts site-specific research on water Quantity and Quality Challenges in AJK and efficient mitigation strategies development with Water Sector Stakeholders, Government of AJK. This Regional Office was established with specific objectives as follows;
- To conduct the research on the water shed of Neelum, Jhelum Rivers and glaciers in Neelum Valley.
- To carry out applied research and efficient Water Resource Management in AJK.
- To provide consultancy services to public/farming communities to utilize Water Resources effiently.
- To undertake monitoring of water quality in cities, rivers, springs and aquifers in AJK.
- To maintain liaison and working relationship with various AJK Departments, Universities, NGOs etc. in Water Sector.
- To document and disseminate research results to AJK Government and community/end users.
- To conduct Wastewater Assessment and Regional Treatment Strategies Development in AJK.
National Water Quality Monitoring Program
PCRWR Regional Office Muzaffarabad has conducted the all activities under this project for the monitoring of water quality of the cities of Pakistan
Municipal Corporation Muzaffarabad, Government of AJ&K
PCRWR Regional Office Muzaffarabad has conducted the Capacity Building the Municipal Corporation Officers and Staff for Chlorine Disinfectant Spray and disinfectant Entrance Gates chlorine dose Preparation during outbreaks of COVID-19.
PCRWR Collaboration with Water Sector Stakeholders AJ&K
PCRWR Regional Office Muzaffarabad is developing collaborations with Water Sector Stakeholders for the production of water Profile of Muzaffarabad and Development of Strategies for the Mitigation of Water Quantity and Quality Challenges in AJK. The following line Departments, NGOs and Social Organization are collaborating partners of this office.
- Environmental Protection Agency, Government of AJ&K
- Local Government and Rural Development Department, Government of AJ&K
- Public Health Engineering Department, Government of AJ&K
- Irrigation Department, Government of AJ&K
- Agriculture Department Government of AJ&K
- Food Authority, Government of AJ&K
- University of AJK, Muzaffarabad
- District Administration Muzaffarabad, Government of AJ&K
- Islamic Relief AJK Pakistan
- NRSP Muzaffarabad AJK Pakistan
- Al-khidmat Foundation Muzaffarabad AJK Pakistan
- Kashmir Orphan Relief Trust Mirpur AJK Pakistan
NRSP Muzaffarabad Divisional Office AJK Pakistan
PCRWR Regional Office Muzaffarabad with NRSP has completed a Water Quality Assessment Survey of six Union Councils district Muzaffarabad during June-September, 2020 under this projected performed the Capacity Building of the officers and staff working in WASH activities of the NRSP and Water Quality Assessment Report under process of publication